set sail and change lives
If you are a NYS Licensed Psychologist or NYS Clinical Social Worker that loves helping people navigate through their most important relationships and thrives on working alongside other authentic top-notch people-helpers, then this job may be for you.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.
open counseling positions
NYS Licensed psychologists and Licensed Clinical social workers
We are a reputable, hard-working, highly-compassionate, creative and people-focused counseling practice in Endicott, NY. We'd be delighted to add NYS Licensed Psychologists and/or Licensed Clinical Social Workers that are passionate about helping children, adolescents, marriages and/or families overcome their challenges.
Being comfortable working with family, marriage, child, trauma and/or life-transitions issues is highly desired. Because we receive several referrals each week from clients who need to be reimbursed by major insurance carriers we are looking to hire clinicians who are, or can become, in-network providers.
As a member of our family you'll enjoy tons of professional collaboration, camaraderie and development. Because our vocation is so emotionally and relationally intense we intentionally create a team environment that is healthy, conversant and relaxed.
Your day-to-day role
Minimum tasks as a counselor
- Provide individual and group mental health counseling sessions.
- Participate in weekly team meeting/group supervison.
- Make appropriate referrals based on clinical judgments.
- Complete and maintain required documentation in alignment with HIPPA, ethical and legal standards (intake, treatment plans, session and discharge notes, release of information).
- Contribute to building relationships within the larger community through networking, writing and/or participating in civic roles that interest you and reflect the values of our practice.
minimum essentials to succeed
Your education and experience
- Hold a NYS Licensure as a Psychologist or Clinical Social Worker, which assumes the necessary clinical hours and minimum graduate-level education from an accredited university
- Significant experience working with children, adolescents, marriages and/or families in a clinical setting
- Maintain self-care, healthy boundaries and an openness to continued personal and professional growth.
- Possess a good self-awareness and humility of strengths and weaknesses. As a team we thrive on leveraging each others strengths and compensating for each others weaknesses through other team members' strengths.
- Work and play hard. We work as hard as our clients and rest and recreate when the pressure is off. Possessing the emotional intelligence to understand the importance of both and when to incorporate them is critical to being successful on this team.